Isn’t it bloody hard to save for a house? I mean, a deposit alone is tough enough let alone solicitors fees, stamp duty, land registry etc etc
The old saying “Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves” goes a long way here. It’s so difficult to make spending “cut-backs” these days when things keep seeming to go up in price!
What you can do however is save a little on what you are already spending. Read on to see how:
The likes of TopCashback & Quidco are brilliant ways to make savings on items you were already going to purchase. It’s just a case of remembering to check them before you buy! I signed up to both and started saving instantly!:
OUR SURVEY SAYS!:
Do you have a work commute of 10 mins or more in the mornings/evening return? Paid-for surveys can appear daily, take less than 10 mins and are an easy way to boost cash for a savings account.
- Sign up to YouGov surveys HERE
- Try Switching to an Online Shop: So many major supermarkets tend to have deals on to encourage you to shop with them! E.g. OCADO:
- Keep a closer eye on offers across all supermarkets. Bookmark THIS LINK from Lovemoney.co.uk that rounds up the best supermarket offers weekly!
- Check out Bargains, Loopholes & Deals blogs HERE by Moneysavingexpert.com
- Ensure you are claiming Marriage Allowance HERE if entitled to it!
I understand some of these ways are not for everyone but money is money at the end of the day and we could all do with a helping hand when it comes to getting on/moving up the property ladder.
I hope some of this helps in the house deposit- saving process!